Pineapple Chilli Margarita with Fermented Hot Sauce
This is a brilliantly balanced margarita that's sweet, tart and has a delightful heat. It also features the delicious Fermented Habanero and Apple Hot Sauce. While you can use any hot sauce for this cocktail, the fermented hot sauce lifts this drink to a new place. How much you add really depends on your love of spicy things but this is a drink that can be enjoyed by even the mildest of palates.
- 45mL Silver Tequila
- 20mL Orange Liqueur (Cointreau)
- 20mL lime juice (fresh if you can)
- 60mL pineapple juice
- 3 dashes of Fermented Habanero and Apple Hot Sauce
1. Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
2. Fill a glass with ice and strain mixture from the shaker into the glass
3. Garnish with a pineapple slice or lime slice
A handy tip is to add the hot sauce slowly. Adding 3 dashes will give you a hum of heat that's delightful but not overpowering. If you love spice you may want to add a bit more than that, but adding it slowly will help it mix.